Login | Register

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

It is currently Mon Sep 24, 2018 8:22 am

Post subject: Re: Mass Effect 2
PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 5:14 am 
Acolyte of Imoen

http://uk.xbox360.ign.com/articles/106/1066954p1.html

Bioware brass confirmed. The space hamster is Boo's brother. Thus confirming Boo IS in fact a space hamster.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 5:14 pm 
Initiate of Imoen

MechaEspio wrote:
http://uk.xbox360.ign.com/articles/106/1066954p1.html

Bioware brass confirmed. The space hamster is Boo's brother. Thus confirming Boo IS in fact a space hamster.

*Never douted Minsc*

And the Hammerhead should be out this month! The Arc gun thingy is out today as well, for all those of you who aren't at work and get the chance to play with it soon. Sigh.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 8:45 pm 
Newcomer

Totaly love ME2 even though there are some things i dislike (more focus on combat and less on RPG imo).

The Kasumi DLC was also well done...guess i will start a new game and take her with me all the time. Hopefully they gave her some great dialogue for the rest of the game.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 10:16 pm 
Priest(ess) of the Pink Mage

So I actually beat it take weeks ago.

On the whole I enjoyed it a lot more than I thought I would. In fact, I really, really enjoyed the experience. There are however some things that I disliked quite a lot.

*The combat is repetitive and boring. The streamlining of the abilities and mechanics take most of the tactical challenge out, many an enemy is dumb as a post and when the NPC AI doesn't fail they usually gun everything down for you. Or you just gun down everything on your own. Either way, it lacks challenge and unless I looked wrong higher difficulty only gave the enemies more health and increased their numbers. That's not more difficult, that's padding!

*The cursed dialogue system more than once lead my femshep to say something I didn't want her to say. Like I said in the DA2 thread, I just feel so much less in control this way.
The dialogue is still well written though.

*The way paragon and renegade points are awarded more often than not confounds me. This may be due to my peculiar way of looking at things, but several bald/cruel/etc choices gave me paragon points, while at least once mercy and stuff gave me renegade points.

*Enough paragon/renegade points make all the conflicts go away. I just stopped Tali and Legion by my sheer awesomeness as space jesus. While that's cool in character, it leads to the lamest suicide mission ever, where exactly no one died. Cool for importing it into ME3, lame for story reasons.

But that's mainly nitpicking. The story is well told and has stopped ripping of Babylon5 at every opportunity, the environs look absolutely stunning and all the rest of it.

I sorta miss the straightfaced-ness of the first part though. It is certainly more realistic to have much more grey-and.grey stuff in the universe.. but it spoils the set tone a bit. No matter, it was still great fun

Eventually I'll pick up ME3 then. Unlike DA3.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 10:36 pm 
Junior Acolyte

I actually like ME2 the least out of the series. There are many things about ME3 I would like to say here, but I'm not sure how to apply spoiler tags on this forum. Suffice it to say, that ME3 fixes some of the stuff that bugged me in ME2, but the dialog skipping wrong button hitting thing is unfortunately still in full effect. If you liked the characters from the earlier games, you will pretty much certainly love the 3rd game.

/edit: and contrary to popular belief, the ending does not suck.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 6:42 pm 
Initiate of Imoen

Just finished the other day. Won't be able to play ME3 until at least the summer. I liked ME2, but I didn't like how much of it was spent just recruiting your team. I felt like there was a beginning and an end, but no middle. Some extra story padding wouldn't have gone amiss - trying to find out more about the Collecters, such as their civilization, their dealings with people from the Terminus Systems, their technology, etc.

That said, loved the game. I'm an IE dinosaur to my last bone, but the action scenes really packed a punch. Really added a new element to the story-telling. Loved the mission at the end Everyone survived in my playthrough, and I didn't look anything up. Had heard from others that you could lose people, and spent a good while thinking over all my decisions.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 7:59 pm 
Priest(ess) of the Pink Mage

Good point.

And that still took me 26h, twice the time I needed for ME1.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 9:10 pm 
Newcomer

Still I think first one was better. I don't mind changes in equipment, skill system and planet exploration (god, how i hated Mako) but somehow it lost this sense of wonder, this feeling, like you where reading a good book... I don't know how to put it better.

ME3 postponed 'till ending DLC and Witcher2 ;)

Offline Profile