Login | Register

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

It is currently Fri Jul 20, 2018 3:24 am

Post subject: Installation/Starting Problems
PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 6:41 pm 
Newcomer

Hi!

I've been following these Mod for a few years now, so its time to register I thought and also because I got a problem of course :)

First of all I wanted to thank you all for your hard work over the past couple of years, I can only imagine how difficult it must have been to stay focused all this time on one project. Thumps up!

Cut to the case: I installed the german version of BG 2 + ToB and also the BGII-ThroneofBhaal_Patch_26498_EUROPEAN (file name) patch.

No mods. I placed the imoen order and the .exe in the main of BG2 and clicked on it. It then first installs scripts and compiles dialouges for the dreams etc.

After that it tries to get access to the .baf - formated files of NPCs like Viconia or Aerie and I get a PARSE ERROR.
I will write it down word by word:

[imoenRomance/scripts/aerie.baf] Parse Error at line 16 column 1-38
Near Text: >
[StateCheck] argument [CD_STATE_NOTVALID] not found in [State.IDS]

This repeats also for Anomen, Jaheria and Imoen herself, different lines and columns.

The installation goes by rather quickly.

After that the installtion says "Successfully Installed" so I started the game and got to the second level in Irencius dungeon where in the old version 2 dialouges were started by Imoen, short after entering and before leaving for the outside. But nothing happens. I also cannot start the conversation by myself.

I also deactivated all my antivirus software, the windows firewall and lowerd the user control panel to minimum, so I have no idea why it does not work.

Greetzs

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: Installation/Starting Problems
PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 10:36 pm 
Newcomer

No problem at installation, but I went through Irenicus Dungeon and no dialogue triggered. Anything wrong?

I have a French version of SoA + English version of ToB + bg2fixpack and latest patch.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 3:17 pm 
Newcomer

Hm, I have not played any further because I thought something at the installation went wrong. But maybe, if the dialouges didnt trigger for you too, they have been removed?

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 4:54 pm 
Newcomer

We won't know before TCDale shows up... :o I stopped after I went out of the Dungeon as well, because the way to the asylum is quite a long one and I I don't want to do it for nuts... :oops:

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 6:41 pm 
Newcomer

Me either. Maybe the other folks here can write if they got these scripts running. It COULD be because we dont have the english version installed but then again every other english mod works normaly on my other PC.

Offline Profile