Login | Register

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

It is currently Fri Jul 20, 2018 3:24 am

Post subject: Bugs I've found so far.
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 2:53 am 
Newcomer

Okay i will add to this as i progress. The Game is completly up to date. Only mod i have installed is Widescreen Mod, which i have disabled and tested without but still breeds same result. Anyone else is welcome to add to the list.

Known Bugs:
Wrong Journal Update: after Dream Sequences involving Imoen, the entry in the journal will be text taken from something else in the game, the ones ive noticed is Watcher's Keep and a conversation with Mazzy, the third i cant recall.

Where does it happen: After Dream Sequences involving memories with Imoen.
When does it happen: After Dream Sequences involving memories with Imoen.
Why does it happen: No Clue
What happens: Journal entry updates after the dream sequencse will instead be a list of text involving Watcher's Keep (Reading the inscription on the altar on the first floor of Watcher's Keep i believe) or a conversation involving Mazzy. There is a third but i cant remember where its from, nevertheless, all three Journal Entries are wrong.

Floating Text Missing: during third dream sequence.

Where does it happen: In the third Dream Sequence when the 18+ CHARNAME and Imoen are hiking through the forest and surrounding areas.
When does it happen: During the third dream sequence upon rest and their floating text should appear.
Why does it happen: No clue.
What Happens: Where there should be a floating string of text above the actors playing CHARNAME and Imoen explaining their coversation outside of a Dialouge box there is instead no text appearing but the scene (scenes) still play out correctly just without any text appearing. The Dialouge box in the third dream sequence works fine.

Imoen Stutter In Spellhold:
Where does it happen: In Spellhold, after Irenicus has stolen your's and Imoen's soul and placed you in the maze when Bohdi wishes to play cat and mouse.
When does it happen: A short time after Imoen rejoins your party, in my case after you received the warning about CHARNAME feeling dizzy and his head is spinning and Imoen offers some words of comfort, telling him to "Take it easy"
Why Does it happen: Unsure.
What happens: when Imoen finishes speaking to CHARNAME after the dialouge box appears describing CHARNAME's failing condition and strange sensations in which Imoen trys to comfort him she will begin a contiued stutter as if she means to say something but hasnt got the script to do so, as far as i can tell theres no way around it.

Imoen Talk Icon Triggering Slayer Conversation:

Where does it happen: Spellhold, in the maze.
When does it happen: After Bohdi has placed you in the maze.
Why does it happen: No clue, script error maybe.
What happens: If you select Imoen and then select the force talk icon and click on Charname, a dialouge will come up which is from the after slayer form change event upon reaching the end of the maze and begun to battle Bohdi. The conversation will play though, leading to Imoen consoling Charname. This was discovered after trying to find a work around for Imoen's stutter bug (see above) which the result was this dialouge.

MAYBE bugs:
No Music during Dream Sequences:

Where: Dream Sequences involving Imoen Romance.
When: upon rest and Dream Sequences start involving Imoen Romance
Why: No clue, or purposely removed.
What Happens: No music plays during the dream sequences for the Imoen Romance, birds, water and all natural sounds still play but no custom made Imoen music is present. This is either a bug or a result of the music being removed purposely by the author out of personal prefrence.

Missing Conversations: Irenicus Dungeon.

Where: Irenicus Dungeon after escaping, second level.
When: Upon entering the portal to the second level
Why: No clue. or purposely removed.
What Happens: If i recall, a conversation happens after exiting the portal to the second level of Irenicu's dungeon between Imoen and Charname, the extent of the conversation i am unsure about but i know it ends roughly "I'm going to stick close to you while we are in here" or something to that effect. This is either a bug or a personal choice by author who didnt wish to keep the conversation.

Missing Conversations: Introducing Party.
Where: Spellhold Maze.
When: When Imoen rejoins you after Bohdi finishes talking to you after throwing you in the maze.
Why: No clue.
What Happens: A conversation use to take place here where Imoen would ask Charname to introduce her to all the companions in his group which he does, each gives a greeting. This is either a bug or Author removed the conversation out of prefrence. Could be result of stutter bug (see above), but not guranteed.

Missing Conversations: You Sure took your time.
Where: Spellhold Maze
When: After Imoen rejoins you after Bohdi finishes talking to you after throwing you in the maze.
Why: No clue. or a result of stutter bug (see above)
What Happens: A conversation use to take place where Imoen would queery Charname over why he took so long to come get her. This is either a bug which i believe could also be a result of the stutter bug or removed due to authors prefrence.

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: Bugs I've found so far.
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 3:38 am 
Newcomer

Yea I noticed the dialog in Irenicus' Dungeon was missing but had assumed it was just removed. :P

I suspect what the problem is from the installation, I hadn't noticed at first except when someone else reported the issue and I re-installed just to check it.
Quote:
[imoenRomance/scripts/aerie.baf] Parse Error at line 16 column 1-38
Near Text: >
[StateCheck] argument [CD_STATE_NOTVALID] not found in [State.IDS]

The game is probably trying to load the dialog scripts but can't find them causing Imoen to "stutter".

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 4:26 am 
Initiate of Imoen

Dreyy wrote:
MAYBE bugs:
No Music during Dream Sequences:

There are no audio files included with the download -- audio folder is empty.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 9:57 pm 
Newcomer

I can now confirm the slayer conversation bug.

Where: Spellhold Maze.
When: Upon having Imoen rejoin your group and trying to initiate a conversation with her.
Why: No clue
What Happens: Upon having Imoen rejoin your group and starting a forced conversation with her using the conversation icon i was granted with two options, the first was asking Imoen if she had ever dreamt of the Slayer which shouldnt be even avalible at this point since we havent reached the slayer transformation part of the Maze yet, the second option was simply an option to not engage in a conversation with her, upon selecting the first option it will play though like it would normaly except at the end the option will still remain as if the conversation had never taken place.

I have hit a snag about continuing the campaign while the stutter bug is in effect and have yet found a way around it, if that could be fixed in the next update it would greatly help any further bug hunting, having Imoen stop every few seconds can make moveing a very stresful affair.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 12:22 am 
Newcomer

First thing, Hello everyone !
As you can see I am new too this board, and I am not an native speaker so please don't be to sensitive, if I make language mistakes.
I have at the moment a little bit of freetime (one or two days) and decided to learn a little bit about the coding of the near infinity engine.

Having said that I will come to the real content of this post.
After installing the mod you have problems with the scripts of imoen dialog file.
the reason is simple it isn't installed. You can correct it yourself if you go to bg 2 directory and open the imoen romance folder there you will find the
Setup-ImoenRomance file open this with a simple text editor and add
following line in the compile section

~imoenRomance/dialogues/lovetalks.d~

save the file and run setup again, this should start the dialog ingame.

just found another bug : if you do this imoen will always say the same dialog over and over. Problem lies within the script files
BG2\imoenRomance\scripts\imoen.bcs

IF
Global("SelfTalk","GLOBAL",2)
THEN
RESPONSE #100
RealSetGlobalTimer("MRImoenLovetalkTimer","GLOBAL",1800)
SetGlobal("MRLoveTalk","GLOBAL",1)
SetGlobal("ImoenRomanceActive","GLOBAL",1)

// problem does change variable MRLoveTalk back to 1 so that you have
// an infinte loop solved by adding following line

SetGlobal("SelfTalk","Global",3)
// set it to 3, don't know if TC uses it for something else

END

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:05 am 
Newcomer

But how many lovetoalks trigger in irenicus dungeon? It seemed to me there where two, but no one triggered when I tested the beta version (cf. Daven's topic).

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 2:42 pm 
Newcomer

the problem lies with the triggers of the talks
they are searching for the following two variables

Global("MRLoveTalk","GLOBAL",3)
Global("ImoenRomanceActive","GLOBAL",1)

if you want them to start the dialog correctly, you would have two add

RealGlobalTimerExpired("MRImoenLovetalkTimer","GLOBAL")

to the trigger list of every single talk and thats where the problem lies, because there are some variables set that don't have a trigger
one example is

RealSetGlobalTimer("MRPauseTimer","GLOBAL",NINE_HOURS)

happens during the Global("MRLoveTalk","GLOBAL",5) talk, if you go with the nervos line of dialog,

and since i don't know which dialog belongs to them this is something that only TC or Ace can change.

Also don't get me wrong, I posted the corrections only so that people can get it started and write down what sort of bugs can happen inside the game. :twisted:

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 6:34 pm 
Initiate of Imoen

I can join there, no dialogues with Imoen in Chapter One before she's being captured, just played my way through the chateau, neither the one after entering tp nor the one before surface triggered. I didnt take Jaheira or Minsc and I also didnt take Yoshimo with me, incase that could matter.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 6:50 am 
Acolyte of Imoen

Hello,

I am hoping to start looking through this list and fix what I can. I spoke with the old coder, and she's happy for me to fix bugs with the code. I have resolve the dream issues (both the journal entries and floating text missing), and will work through the other bugs reported here.

I started a thread that I will update as I resolve bugs (or at least, when I think they are resolved). My next goal, is being able to talk about the slayer before it happens.

Offline Profile