Login | Register

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

It is currently Tue Nov 21, 2017 9:10 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 148 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 15  Next
 Post subject: Imoen SOA v2 News/Status Thread
PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2010 8:16 am 
Forum God

The Imoen SOA v2.0 Master Checklist

Last updated: 29 November 2012

Most recent updates:

- Cheese and freakin' rice this thing is taking forever. However, I have some good news: Kat has PROMISED me that we will have a complete beta in our hands by Christmas. Everyone cross your fingers. It's been a long, long ride.

----------------

Things in blue are currently in some or another stage of being worked in.
Things in bold are completed.
Things not listed here aren't planned and won't be in the initial release.

Some of these things are present in the original version of the mod; some are new additions.

I will not give more detail on the items listed here, in order to avoid too much 'spoiling' of the mod's details. I will not give specific estimates on 'when will it be done?'

Background work

• Re-read everything.
  • Plan! (Bit of cheating -- planning is never done.)
  • Maximize inter-compatibility with other mods:

Dialogs
  • Initial join dialogs
  • Kick/rejoin dialogs
  • Death/resurrection dialogs
  • Bioware NPC dialogs
  • Reputation dialogs
  • Stronghold interjections
  • Tree of Life dialog
  • Final confrontation with Bodhi
  • Money dialogs
  • Alignment dialogs
  • Class dialogs
  • Core lovetalks
  • Aerie-Imoen friendship
  • Quest-specific dialogs
  • Hell & Hell trials
  • Romance-specific dialogs
  • Quality times
  • Final confrontation with Irenicus

Secret Projects
  • 39 (SOA portion, at least)

Coding
  • Dialog (.d) coding
  • Event/script coding

Testing
  • Gathering Alpha/Beta testers
  • Alpha testing
  • Beta testing

Proofreading/Translation
  • TRA'ifying
  • Proofreading

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: Imoen SOA v2 News/Status Thread
PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 9:16 am 
Forum God

This is your random "c'mon, throw us a bone!" post to let you know things aren't dead :)

So... Imoen v 2.0. Like I said, the variables are now cleaned up. Kat has been eaten by the outside world, so the coding questions are still unanswered. Regardless, I'm forging ahead anyways.

The "minor" dialog files -- the dream dialogs, the merchant, a few other things -- have been cleaned up and edited. This doesn't do anything to the actual characterization of Imoen or the layout of the game, but it does address things like a few of the cursing incidents, overuse of "...", and some dialog/terminology thingies.

The main bulk of the work is in two files: one controlling the Tree of Life dialogs, and one controlling...well, everything else. I haven't touched these yet, as this is where the actual changes to Imoen's back stories, changes in CHARNAME response options, and such will take place. I need to figure out a good way to plot the dialog trees out and make sure I know *exactly* where I want to go before I start fussing with things.

One thing I've decided *not* to do (at least not much of), is eliminate the parenthesis action. You know, the (Imoen glances over at you, a whispy smile playing on her lips) stuff.

Why not? Because of two things:

1) I do think it adds a distinctive and in-depth touch to the mod (be that good or bad regarding 'seemlessly integrating into the game')

2) Lord M specifically said he purposefully put it in and likes it, basing his modding style on Planescape: Torment. And since this is still Lord M's mod, kinda sorta, I'd like to respect that.

So... more later :)

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 4:47 pm 
Initiate of Imoen

Speaking of prefixes, why don't you register "MR" here at Prefix Reservation List? :D

Last edited by Creepin on Fri May 07, 2010 6:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2010 7:33 am 
Forum God

'cause I'm lazy and I hate the idea of registering yet another username/password for the sole purpose of writing one sentence ("Registering MR prefix - Imoen Romance Modification") or similar. :(

Anyone wanna do it for me?

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2010 6:09 pm 
Initiate of Imoen

Well, I registered MR for you, sort of. :D
Actually it turned out that MR was registered for me even though I was claiming it on your and Lord M's behalf. As you might guess, I'm not going to use it so it's yours in all regards but an "owner" name on prefixes list. Should you want to re-claim it as your own I'm afraid you'll had to register at BWL yourself.

Now if you'll just keep MR at the beginning of all your custom items, creatures, variables, spells etc, it should do a great deal towards making sure your mod(s) will be compatible with all other mods around! :)

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2010 2:11 pm 
Forum God

Thanks Creepin!

Yeah the inter-compatibility is one thing I'm aiming at :) I'll have to double-check the custom creatures and such, though -- didn't think about renaming them!

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2010 2:12 pm 
Newcomer

Hey TCDale, I'm not quite sure how this would help, but I'm willing to help with step #2, the planning of the rewrites. If you could convert the original dialog into a text document and email them to me I would be more than happy to clean them up (Replace over used words with synonyms, correct grammatical errors, and even rewrite some segments per your request).

I know this isn't a huge help, but it's what I can do to alleviate some tension and help out. I have no knowledge of scripts but the actual correcting of the dialog could easily be done with just Microsoft Word and then transferred over to whatever toolset you're usign to mod the game itself.

Due to a recent injury I'm not working for a few months so I have a lot of times to do this.

P.S. I agree that the description of posture and facial expressions in parenthesis are key. They added a lot to the mod.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 8:40 am 
Newcomer

Though you will probably take the experienced translators from "Clan dlan", I would gladly help you to translate the mod to spanish, that is, once it's finished.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2010 8:44 am 
Initiate of Imoen

I really do enjoy seeing the progress on the mod! Even given the smallness in what is already written.

I'm curious as to how far you've written the dialogue tree. Is it going to be like Anomen's, where dependent on the subjects you choose in earlier dialogues, later dialogues will change to suite your interest?

(for example, if you ask him about his tales, he'll tell you he killed monsters as a veteren knight leading troops in a future dialogue. If you ask him about himself, he'll tell you about himself in a future dialogue.)

It would interest me deeply if I saw this:
"Got any questions about me?
1 Too be quite frank, I've been wondering about why you chose to dual class as a mage.
2 What are your non-combat hobbies? We hardly talk about things outside of me ordering you around.
--both branch to this
I'll have to think about that.
3 I haven't the time for these weird talks, Imoen.
--branch to this=hmpf, fine, you're no fun.

20 minutes later I get dialogue
if 1 or 2- About that question you asked me..
then if 1- I decided to become a mage when I saw blah blah blah your the writer TCDale think of something to go here
or if 2 I sometimes train with my weapon to get better with it in combat when you are ordering me around or something
if 3 We never talk, charname! You've been acting so cold, why?

You get the idea.

Or is her dialogue more like Aerie's/Viconia/Jaheria, where you will inevitably end a conversation and it will check the variables as to whether or not you screwed up the romance. If you did, you will not get to romance them further, if you did not, you'll get more dialogue on a future dialogue tree, similar to the last. No screw ups allowed. Not even a little.

I'd also be interested in if I could change her alignment, like some of Viconia's dialogues do.

Also, I'd like to know if I can say something to screw up the romance purposely, and then recover.

Last edited by Sanguine on Sun Aug 22, 2010 9:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2010 6:36 pm 
Junior Acolyte

*nods head approvingly at that last comment*

Offline Profile  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 148 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 15  Next