Login | Register

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

It is currently Tue Dec 12, 2017 8:20 am

Post subject: Imoen's Sexuality
PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 10:53 pm 
Newcomer

[Split from the "What Would You Like to See in TOB?" thread to keep it from taking over. - Taig]

Just one thing, as a Male PC, don't force Imoen's Lesbian Conversations like you did in the 1st. It was veeery out of place, considering the mod is built around forbidden, but absolute love. To learn she's a lesbian but still loves you for 'some reason,' was very off putting. That dialogue should be for Female PC's only IMO.

Edit - Marriage / Children would be awesome. Perhaps have a house and a child, and have a party member stay there to watch over them whilst you continue to save Faerun (Jahiera, Cernd, Keldorn, etc.) Of course you could check in on your child regularly, and maybe who you choose to guard your child has an effect on your child's attitude (Ex. Keldorn guards your child, child wants to become a Paladin, Jehiera guards it, child loves nature, etc.)

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: Things You'd Like to See in TOB
PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 7:49 am 
Forum God

I've never romanced Imoen as a male, but I have to say having a "I'm a lesbian...except for you" dialog would seem very, very weird. I'd like to confirm that this indeed is a regular part of the male track romance and not just a bug that showed up for one person.

So -- male Immy romancers: did you see this, too? And can anyone give me the exact line (or a few exact words) so I can go find it in the files? (I'm assuming she doesn't actually say "I'm a lesbian".)

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 11:25 am 
Newcomer

TCDale wrote:
I've never romanced Imoen as a male, but I have to say having a "I'm a lesbian...except for you" dialog would seem very, very weird. I'd like to confirm that this indeed is a regular part of the male track romance and not just a bug that showed up for one person.

So -- male Immy romancers: did you see this, too? And can anyone give me the exact line (or a few exact words) so I can go find it in the files? (I'm assuming she doesn't actually say "I'm a lesbian".)

I actually (being the ube-nerd that I am), just had that conversation pop up for me (For the the first time, I might add).

It is very, very weird to read that. She states how she used to 'touch' herself after seeing the half-elf girl naked and then kissed her. Then states she had 'naughty' dreams about dryads. Then she admits that she wasn't the only girl she kissed.

At the end she says she still loves you entirely (but doesn't know why).

I'll load my game today and see if I can get it to pop-up again.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 11:52 am 
Newcomer

Alright, TCDale, as per your request I played BG2 for a while from an old save, after the first few minutes it popped up... Here ya go (This is word for word what she said and what your PC supposedly thinks)

Begins With: Imoen: (...)
(Looking at Imoen, you notice Imoen has been staring into space for quite a long time now, completely lost in thought.)

(She looks incredibly absorbed by her inner world. You think she wouldn't notice at all if a meteor fell right in front of her.)

Alright, so now you know what to look for in the game files (Hope that helps ya bro)

Random Weird Things She Said in the Conversation:

-Also I didn't like guys at all...

- I've always thought that I truly liked women...

- We were destined to be together regardless of our gender (That one really bothers me in a Male to Female Romance, haha.)

- (After calling you her 'love') Heh... calling you that sounds so strange...but...

Additionally, I just reread everything (entirely), I'm not wrong. She openly states that she kissed the half-elf girl and played with her self whilst imagining the half-elf's naked body (Which she had seen earlier). And also states she has naughty dreams about dryads.

That doesn't sound 'confused' to me, that sounds like something a lesbian would so.

I'd also like to not that, althought I am Christian, I have no problem with homosexuals. I don't evangalize or do the whole fire and brimstome bullshit. I'm merely just offering advice about something in the Imoen Romance that seems kind of odd when the PC is Male.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 5:29 pm 
Initiate of Imoen

Reaper004 wrote:

Yeah, cool stuff! It's as good now as it was when I saw it ingame 6 years ago. I'm really looking forward to some spicy cameos like that you mentioned in ToB part 8-)

Back to the topic: ok, you just proved that there really are some hints of Imoen being interested in other girls to some degree at least. Obviously it's not in mod by magic, but by deliberate decision of mod's author, so this dialogues along with all other mod's content are integral facets that forms whole Imoen's personality that we all know and love.
And now you asking the mod to be castrated, author's ideas to be twisted & players to be deprived of a part of mod's content why again?

P.S. Just came to my mind how perfectly this is inline with Chloe NPC mod, I always liked how Chloe romance Imoen if turned down by Charname ;)

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 7:24 pm 
Grand Poobah

Reaper004 wrote:
Alright, TCDale, as per your request I played BG2 for a while from an old save, after the first few minutes it popped up... Here ya go (This is word for word what she said and what your PC supposedly thinks)

(Looking at Imoen, you notice Imoen has been staring into space for quite a long time now, completely lost in thought.)

(She looks incredibly absorbed by her inner world. You think she wouldn't notice at all if a meteor fell right in front of her.)

Alright, so now you know what to look for in the game files (Hope that helps ya bro)

- We were destined to be together regardless of our gender (That one really bothers me in a Male to Female Romance, haha.)

- (After calling you her 'love') Heh... calling you that sounds so strange...but...

Additionally, I just reread everything (entirely), I'm not wrong. She openly states that she kissed the half-elf girl and played with her self whilst imagining the half-elf's naked body (Which she had seen earlier). And also states she has naughty dreams about dryads.

That doesn't sound 'confused' to me, that sounds like something a lesbian would so.

I'd also like to not that, althought I am Christian, I have no problem with homosexuals. I don't evangalize or do the whole fire and brimstome bullshit. I'm merely just offering advice about something in the Imoen Romance that seems kind of odd when the PC is Male.

She could be a confused bisexual.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 9:26 pm 
Newcomer

Despair wrote:
Reaper004 wrote:

She could be a confused bisexual.

It seems pretty obvious that she prefers women.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 9:28 pm 
Newcomer

Creepin wrote:
Reaper004 wrote:

Yeah, cool stuff! It's as good now as it was when I saw it ingame 6 years ago. I'm really looking forward to some spicy cameos like that you mentioned in ToB part 8-)

Back to the topic: ok, you just proved that there really are some hints of Imoen being interested in other girls to some degree at least. Obviously it's not in mod by magic, but by deliberate decision of mod's author, so this dialogues along with all other mod's content are integral facets that forms whole Imoen's personality that we all know and love.
And now you asking the mod to be castrated, author's ideas to be twisted & players to be deprived of a part of mod's content why again?

P.S. Just came to my mind how perfectly this is inline with Chloe NPC mod, I always liked how Chloe romance Imoen if turned down by Charname ;)

Yes, because adding an option during installation to disable that one piece of dialogue is castration. Read my posts before you reply, idiot.

My point is, if a PC is Male and Romancing Imoen, why have her be a lesbian? Is she heterosexual when a Female PC Romances Her?

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 9:45 pm 
Grand Poobah

Could you refrain from using ad-hominems?

Reaper004 wrote:
It seems pretty obvious that she prefers women.

Maybe the only interesting man she met was CHARNAME and for some weird reason CHARNAME was a no-no even before she learned that she's his sister.

Also, I feel offended that Imoen wasn't interested in my CHA18 half-elven female.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 10:03 pm 
Initiate of Imoen

Reaper004 wrote:
Yes, because adding an option during installation to disable that one piece of dialogue is castration. Read my posts before you reply, idiot.

Whoa there, I was trying so hard to be polite with some random religious fanatic swinging around with his beliefs and that's what I get in return?

Fine, since my hands are now free to tell what I really think, I'd like to kindly ask you to keep this mumbo jumbo as far away from game modding as possible. Have you ever noticed anyone here justifying his requests by him being atheist/judaist/sun-worshipper for Bhaal's sake? What is your point of stating you being christian 3 times in 10 non-religion related posts? What's the difference wether you don't like something because of your personal, political or religious issues?

If you don't like the mod - fine, act as a grown-up then and simply don't play it.

Offline Profile