Login | Register

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

It is currently Mon Jun 18, 2018 7:28 am

Post subject: [SPOILERS]Imoen in ToB: Everything that's Supposed to Happen
PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2016 6:22 am 
Junior Acolyte

So, maybe you want to play through the mod over and over and discover everything there is to find on your own. I commend you!

But sometimes, ain't nobody got time for that. For those of you that want to actively seek out what's supposed to happen (and if you wanna help out with bug squashing, too!) here is a list of everything in the mod. Some of the times at which things trigger may be inaccurate but everything should be there.

Again, SPOILERS AHEAD.

(R) Means that Imoen needs to be romanced for that dialogue to happen.
(AF) Means that Aerie and Imoen must have developed their friendship for that dialogue to happen.

-- Story progress-related events --
>Sorted by area they take place in<

· Pocket plane

(R) Extended Sarevok dialogues with Imoen's soul fragment and reviving him.
(AF) In the talk to resurrect Sarevok, Aerie will interject.
Meeting Cespenar, Imoen will interject.
If you send Imoen to talk to Cespenar, there will be a number of random exchanges between them. There will be one about Imoen's bracelet if she is wearing it.
Upon summoning Imoen, the summoning should be different.
After Imoen joins your party, she will have a greeting for every other original NPC in it.
Imoen will have a talk about every one of the Challenges in the Pocket Plane.
The first time that you sleep in the Pocket Plane, Imoen will initiate a talk about it.
You may choose to have Imoen witness the story about your past, and ask Solar to also show Imoen's.
After each time the Solar pulls you into the Pocket Plane for more revelations, Imoen should comment on it.

·Saradush

Imoen will show special enthusiasm on the Lazarus Librarus quest, interjecting at a few points.
Imoen interjects to Peltje talking about vampires.
When talking to the Bhaalspawn outside the temple and Imoen interjects, you get the option to question her further about her comment.
When getting the priest to give you the key, Imoen will interject if you are evil.
(R) When accepting the inexperienced prostitute's offer, Imoen will interject.
(R) When accepting the vampire prostitutes' offer, Imoen will interject.
Imoen should mention her bracelet to Lazarus and ask him to look into it.

· Wilderness after escaping Saradush

Imoen starts a brief conversation if you slaughter the merchant.

· Forest of Mir (The Temple)

(R) As soon as you enter, the Gorion Wraith event takes place.
(R) Right after the fight, Imoen will start a post-event conversation. If you majorly screw up in this conversation (you can tell because Imoen will tell you to 'leave her alone'), Imoen will leave you as soon as you leave the area, leaving a note in your inventory. If you try to find her with the Fate Spirit, you will not succeed.

· Fire Giants' Lair

Imoen should initiate some small-talk after the first battle.

· Yaga-Shura's camp

Imoen will warn you against being there if you still haven't stolen Yaga-Shura's heart.
Imoen will have a one-liner response if you force talk her here; it's different whether you talk to her before or after killing the giant.
Imoen will start a conversation about the Solar showing your past shortly after you come back from the Pocket Plane. It should vary depending on what you had her see.
(R) After Yaga-Shura goes down, a timer starts running. When it runs out, Imoen will approach a female protagonist at resting time and will have an exclusive conversation with them.

· Amkethran

Imoen will save Asana if you refuse to help her at all regadless of your intentions.
Imoen will interject to Saemon Havarian.
Imoen will greet Lazarus Librarus at Amkethran.
Imoen will mock Sarevok's interjection when talking with the barkeep
Imoen will bring up the bracelet again with lazarus, triggering the quest chain.

· Sendai's Enclave

Imoen comments on Sendai's priestess

· Abazigal's lair

Imoen comments on the lair's layout once you enter the geas dragon chamber.

· Throne of Blood

After the fight is over, Imoen will have a different final conversation depending on romance status, love meter and corruption status.

· ENDING

Lots of different possible epilogues. They depend on player ascension, relationship status, love meter, corruption progress, relationship with Aerie, talk about marriage and player alignment. 46 Total.

-- General Things --

- If you have Imoen initiate dialogue with herself, a brief description of her appearance will be displayed. Further initiations will return a random line of Imoen talking to herself.

- Imoen's Bhaal power talks have been expanded and now lead to three different outcomes depending on player choice. After it's done, the player can ask Imoen a question about how Imoen is dealing with it.

- After the first pocket plane challenge, you can initiate dialogue with Imoen and ask what god does she worship, if any.

- After Imoen first tells you about her developing Bhaal abilities, you can initiate dialogue with Imoen and ask about the tortures she suffered in Amn.

- (R) After either Sendai or Abazigal goes down, you can initiate dialogue with Imoen and ask about marriage.

- (R) After Yaga-Shura goes down, you can initiate dialogue with Imoen if you are a male character and ask her about pregnancy.

- (R) You can initiate dialogue with Imoen and make a public display of affection. Three are shown each time, you pick one. After a cooldown of 10 real-world minutes, you get another set of three. There are 14 sets in total.

- (R) You can initiate dialogue with Imoen and choose to spend some quality time with her at the pocket plane. once when you arrive, the next time after either Sendai or Abazigal goes down. You can also have one quality time each in Saradush and Amkethran inns.

- When you initiate dialogue with Imoen during combat, you'll get a small line about it instead of the normal options.

- (R) Quarrel system: if you piss off Imoen during conversation, you get either a quarrel queued up or she gives you some time to cool down. After enough of these happen and you piss her off again, Imoen just breaks up with you.

- Many of the original banters have been changed to adjust for the Romance. A list here:
(R) Banter with Sarevok about the piece of soul of Imoen he has
(R) Keldorn and his ring
(R) Haer'Dalis cheesy come-on
Viconia 'you should be his/her slave' banter with Imoen
Imoen interjects after Sarevok is done with his proposal about becoming the lady/lord of murder.
Sarevok's meeting in the pocket plane is expanded / altered

- Imoen and Aerie continue their friendship. If Imoen isn't romanced, their friendship will develop in a different way.

- If Imoen is not romanced and the player is romancing one of the original romance NPCs, Imoen will tease them at some point toward the middle of the expansion. A timer after Yaga-Shura goes down sounds good.

- Imoen comments on the party running out of money, if they ever do.

Probably forgot something here and there...

Have fun!

Last edited by Israel Blargh on Sun Jan 03, 2016 11:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: [SPOILERS]Imoen in ToB: Everything that's Supposed to Ha
PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2016 10:27 pm 
Newcomer

Regarding "corruption" does it refer to corrupting Imoen or just the PC giving evil choices at every opportunity especially to the Solar perhaps? Personally I hope for the former :) Also does it start in ToB or it is possible to gain points there in SoA already?

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2016 3:49 am 
Junior Acolyte

This is a spoiler thread so I won't be coy about anything! Corrupting Imoen indeed. It doesn't make her into a mustache twirling villain, of course - just more willing to work with Bhaal's power and not see godhood as a fool's errand.

It starts in ToB, playing off her developing abilities as a bhaalspawn.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2016 4:01 pm 
Newcomer

LOL tbh Imoen seemed kinda enthusiastic about being feared archmage in ToB even if not an evil mustache twirling one. Or how she found pondered on being known as dire witch Imoen in one of her talks in this mod ^^ Still, it would be interesting to see how mean she could become if her taint could twist her a bit and make her sorta evil. Or make her pranks kinda "Joker" level :)

Anyway, I looked through this thread and I noticed some small thing. Maybe its a bug or maybe I didn't do something well so I decided to ask here rather than in the bug thread.

Basically for some reason I do not have the player triggered talk with Imoen regarding her torture at Irenicu's hands which is stated in this thread to happen after leaving Saradush. Neither after dealing with Gromnir nor after Yaga Shura nor even after beating Balthazar. Furthermore for some reason I can ask Imoen about whether she worships gods even before arriving at Saradush rather than after beating Yaga Shura as stated here.

Was there a mistake in this guide or could it be a bug perhaps? Regarding Imoen's early talk about gods could it happening so prematurely affect in some way the talk about Irenicus's tortures that for some reason I cannot start no matter how far in the game I am?

Strange...

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2016 11:45 pm 
Junior Acolyte

Some of the times at which these conversations become available were changed somewhere along the way and I never updated the list, hah. Thanks for pointing it out, I'm sure there are a few more inaccuracies.

The torture conversation not becoming available does seem to be a bug. It is supposed to become available right after Imoen first brings up the nightmares she's having. I looked into the code and it seems like it should work, but I'm sure Vanatos can figure it out at a glance...

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2016 10:05 pm 
Newcomer

Another strange thing that I noticed.

Namely for some reason I do not get an epilogue with Imoen if I reject godhood and chose to live with her. On the other hand, there is no problem if I chose to become god and take her with me or leave her alone.

Does Imoen only get an epilogue when the PC chooses godhood or could it also be a bug? I only played with an evil aligned PC till now so maybe there is some restriction there...or maybe the bug only affects non-godhood epilogues with an evil PC...

Should I open another thread to tell it to vanatos perhaps?

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2016 12:55 am 
Newcomer

Just finished this mod and I think you've done a great job capturing Imoen's character! Too bad I didn't read this thread sooner so I only discovered the force-talk function before the final battle, and somehow after spending some quality time once I can't choose other options. Maybe the author could consider adding some tips in the readme file ;)

BTW it's unrelated to BG. Just want to ask are you the author of a Life Is Strange fanfiction named "The Hospital Ending"? This is one of the best ff I read--totally saved me from the after-ending depression. I'm even thinking about translating it to traditional Chinese:D Hope to see more of your excellent work!

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2016 6:52 am 
Junior Acolyte

It's so weird to be "recognized" here, haha. Life is Strange became my next obsession after writing this mod and I still haven't gotten it out of my head, to the point that I keep working on more LiS stuff off and on. Guilty, guilty pleasures...

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2016 4:38 am 
Newcomer

Hello, i take it the pregnancy talk has changed to a different time? I didn't get after beating Yaga Shura.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2016 6:15 am 
Newcomer

@devin23 According to the code, it looks like you have the option to ask her about it after Sendai/Abazigal are dead and you've spoken with the solar.

That being said, since this is a spoiler thread, anyone know what the romantic Aerie/Imoen ending is like? I don't have the heart to not romance Imoen in all of my playthroughs and I can't seem to find it in the game directory...

Offline Profile