Login | Register

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

It is currently Tue Dec 12, 2017 8:16 am

Post subject: Unable to get Imoen Ascension endings
PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 8:02 am 
Newcomer

So I'm unable to get any of the endings where Imoen doesn't reject the essence of Bhaal. I'm not sure if it's just something I've done wrong during the progress of the game or if there's a bug. I've done some looking around in Near Infinity and I think I've found what might be the issues but I'm not familiar enough with how the whole thing works to be certain.

So I've listed the bit of the dialogue tree below. This is the final conversation after beating the final boss and you're talking to the Solar. I've tried manually setting some of the globals but regardless of what I do I always get Response 12.

FINSOL01.DLG
Solar: Do you intend to keep that essence, god-child? Or will you surrender it to your elder sibling?

There are then 4 options below, reponse 12, 13, 14 and 15.

Reponse 12
( No flags set )
"If I could have gotten rid of it voluntarily, I would have done it a long time ago. *shudder* Take it... I don't want it. I never wanted it."

Reponse 13
Global("ImoenRomanceActive","GLOBAL",2)
GlobalGT("IRTLoveMeter","GLOBAL",30)
"You mean I could get rid of it voluntarily? Let it go, just like that?"

Reponse 14
OR(2)
Global("IRTImoenIsRavager","GLOBAL",1)
Global("IRTImoenControlsSlayer","GLOBAL",1)
GlobalGT("IRTCorruptImoen","GLOBAL",6)
"You mean I could get rid of it now, after everything I've dealt with? This sounds like a very bad joke."

Reponse 15
Global("ImoenRomanceActive","GLOBAL",2)
!GlobalGT("IRTLoveMeter","GLOBAL",30)
!Global("IRTImoenIsRavager","GLOBAL",1)
!Global("IRTImoenControlsSlayer","GLOBAL",1)
GlobalGT("IRTCorruptImoen","GLOBAL",6)
"You mean I could get rid of it voluntarily? Let it go, just like that?"

In addition, I'm pretty sure this condition for Response 14 is wrong

According to IMOE25.BAF this happens if IRTImoenControlsSlayer = 1.

//give power
IF
InParty("Imoen2")
!StateCheck(Myself,CD_STATE_NOTVALID)
THEN
RESPONSE #100
SetGlobal("IRTImoenControlsSlayer","GLOBAL",2)
DisplayStringHead("Imoen2",~Imoen can now turn into the Slayer at will~)
ApplySpellRES("giveslay","Imoen2")
END

So IRTImoenControlsSlayer should be 2. I've confirmed in my game that if I set it to 1 it immediately gets set to 2.

Also, does anyone know if it's possible to search in Near Infinity for all points where a global is changed? I'm thinking of doing a walk through listing where all the corruption or love points with Imoen could be earned and that would make things much easier.

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: Unable to get Imoen Ascension endings
PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 12:16 am 
Priest(ess) of the Pink Mage

Looks like you've listed the globals you could change manually to trigger whichever tree branch you want.

So for response 13 try.

SetGlobal("ImoenRomanceActive","GLOBAL",2)
SetGlobal("IRTLoveMeter","GLOBAL",31)

Does seem like IRTImoenControlsSlayer should be 2 so i'll change that.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 7:58 am 
Newcomer

Okay I set IRTLoveMeter to 31 and managed to get response 13. I had set it to 30 but I guess the GT GlobalGT means greater than. And looking at it then OR (2) means that two conditions have to be met? That would explain why setting just IRTImoenIsRavager to 1 didn't work as IRTCorruptImoen wasn't greater than 6.

So it was just IRTImoenControlsSlayer that was the only bug. Cool makes sense. I'll have to track down all the corruption point locations as I thought I had done my best to corrupt her this run but I only ended up with 4.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 2:06 pm 

OR means only one of the next (2 in this case) conditions need to be true.

So either Ravager or control slayer (separate forms and paths for how to corrupt imoen).

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 3:29 pm 
Newcomer

Ah that makes more sense. Still same result either way.

I played around with most of the variables and I'm pretty sure I managed to get all the paths, except for IRTImoenControlsSlayer of course.

There is one more thing, kind of a side note, I had an evil alignment but managed to get the good ascension ending, but the Imoen ending made it out like we were the darkest of the evil gods. It looks like the light/dark god ending is based on the global PPEvilChoices and not just player alignment. Less than 3 and you're good, greater than 2 and your bad.

It's probably not a big deal, but it would be a neat change to get them aligned. I'm not sure how best to handle it for the mortal endings given there’s no good/evil player ending. On one hand an evil alignment but a low PPEvilCHoices score could represent a post-game alignment shift once they are clear of Bhaal’s taint. On the other a player might not want to be redeemed, but then maybe they should have acted more evil in game. I can see it messing with players roll playing experience either way. Anyway, just thought I’d put that out there as something to think about.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 11:27 pm 

Yep the endings change based on your alignment.

As to changes, the mod is pretty much finished in terms of content as the writer Israel Blargh consider's it finished so the only changes to the mod is bug fixes.

You can view all the combinations of the endings in Setup.TRA

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 8:00 am 
Newcomer

If Israel Blargh is happy with how things it's fair enough. It's probably a can of worms type change anyway.

Looking at the endings.baf script I don't think it'd be much effort to change it myself if I ever decide to do another evil character that gets the good ascension ending.

Offline Profile