Login | Register

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

It is currently Fri Aug 17, 2018 11:58 am

Post subject: Re: RP playthrough
PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 7:26 pm 
Newcomer

Poor Jaheira seems to have all the bad luck in the world in your playthrough.
Never liked the rod of resurrection, its 10 initial charges feel like a bit too much (for a game with reloads, that is.)

How does your reputation look at the moment? Your journal makes it seem like you killed quite some reputation-drop NPC's.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 7:39 pm 
Initiate of Imoen

It's 5 at the moment. It wouldn't be as bad if I hadn't killed civilians by mistake, heh. Jaheira is starting to get pretty upset about it. The rest of the party showers me with praise :D Well, Jan doesn't seem to care either way.

I didn't even plan to have a mostly evil party. It's just the people that you stumble upon if you set out to make money as a thief in Athkatla.

I'll probably drop Korgan and Edwin eventually, though. They're not trustworthy, RP-wise, and I'd imagine that she wants to take to Spellhold only people she can really count on.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 5:02 pm 
Forum God

Still very much awesomeness in your roleplay. These two things especially stuck out at me:

Quote:
Everything will be back to normal when we get Imoen back. She always got me to do the decent thing... by the Gods. *Imoen* was my moral compass? What does that say about me?

Quote:
In my line of work, doing good or evil only changes who I get to kill. It's depressing, when I put it that way.

I really like that you've got Falon really thinking about things and introspecting -- makes her all the more human and interesting, and fits her more 'clerical' personality well.

Also, of course, I'm just a pervert, but I'm tempted to see what -- if anything -- develops between Viconia and Falon. I don't recall any canonical "heart to hearts" in the game, but it very well could just be a friendship talk or lovetalk (well, not lovetalk if you're playing it straight) that I've forgotten about since it's been so long since I've played through.

And I love the irony that apparently "step one" of getting Falon back to her faith, is praying side-by-side with a drow.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2011 8:46 am 
Initiate of Imoen

I've been taking a fairly liberal amount of ass-pull license when it comes to interaction between party members. Modding in the dialogues would be a little crazy, and the vanilla content, awesome as it is, can't be expected to cover the kind of stuff that goes down at every turn among members of the group, because otherwise the whole game would be one long dialogue -- like a role-playing session, heh. I always imagined there's a lot more going on than what the game actually shows :)

I do have the Viconia Friendship mod installed, though. It's pretty good, although all the interspersed drow language drives me a little nuts.

I think that if Falon wasn't about to get some pretty disturbing dreams about Imoen that hint at what lurks beneath her obsession with rescuing her sister, she would eventually develop strong feelings for Viconia.

I don't think Viconia leans that way, though. :geek:

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 7:21 am 
Initiate of Imoen

So I hit the rest button and the third Irenicus dream is upon us, and so Falon's adventures come to a temporary stop. Just in time too, because things are starting to get crazy at work and I don't see them slowing down til after December.

Journal entries will pick up again once our lovely Imoen gets her eagerly awaited update. Looking forward to it!

Offline Profile