Login | Register

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

It is currently Fri Aug 17, 2018 11:58 am

Post subject: Re: RP playthrough
PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2011 2:59 pm 
Newcomer

Fair point about the journal, i must admit i usually write things into it directly after an event has occurred worth writing about. I should change that to before resting / when it is actually appropriate.

Can you imagine your PC standing amidst the devastated remains of a building and what's left of the Cowled Wizards and Shadow Thieves that attacked Irenicus, with the locals looking on in disbelief, just whipping out his/her journal? ''Dear diary, what just happened to me totally sucked...''

Anyway i might do a screenshot-compilation walkthrough with commentary, if anyone is interested in that.
Oh, and thanks for the welcome :).

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2011 9:54 pm 
Initiate of Imoen

JibJabba wrote:
Anyway i might do a screenshot-compilation walkthrough with commentary, if anyone is interested in that.

That'd be grand; it's the kind of thing that sends the geek-sense a-tingling, I tell youse.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 2:46 pm 
Newcomer

Very well, i've got the Candlekeep part of the runtrough completed, i'm adding in some random humor and silly things to make the parts everyone has seen a million times less boring.

@ your journal

It seems like you have made the temple district hard to navigate through in the future. I think I would have placed my party members at the exit of the temple, and given jan a potion of invis to prevent utter chaos, then again this way is much more fun, no?

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2011 4:00 pm 
Forum God

Wow. Falon is just... wow. If I ever thought that Cassandra attracted disaster like a magnet, Falon has just put her to shame... and they're not even out of Athkatla yet!

This part, btw, is epic:

Quote:
While it's nice to have backup against Jaheira's constant bitching, I don't know if it's a good thing that a drow finds my actions worthy of praise.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2011 11:29 pm 
Initiate of Imoen

The sad part is that most of the stuff that happens are actual, honest-to-goodness gameplay mistakes I've made. I've forgotten a ton of stuff that happens in the game: I had no clue where the statuette was and that there would be an alarm just to open the container, as opposed to actually taking the thing. I did make the wrong turn in the sewers, going South instead of North. I did cast invisibility, thinking myself so very clever, without realizing that the Cowled Wizards would be on my ass.

Between that and playing on Hard, her adventures hardly need to be dramatized in order to be comically tragic :D

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 7:00 pm 
Forum God

Poor Jaheira :( I must suck to realize that the person who is probably, with Khalid and Gorion dead, your best friend... would ditch you at the first opportunity should you become a liability in the quest. I'm curious what's going to happen to Falon's alignment. When (and if) she regains her faith, will it be to one of the darker gods, perhaps? Will Viconia's sinister whispers find space to root and grow?

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 3:21 am 
Newcomer

Yes, i've been wondering how Falon's journal would handle the reactivation of her cleric levels as well. (is she a priest of helm or a regular cleric btw?)

I've wonderously avoided disaster in my playthrough so far, but the road is still long and hard, and full of possibilities for screw-ups.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 7:09 am 
Initiate of Imoen

I'd originally planned for her to regain her faith once she got Imoen back, but she's gaining levels too quickly for that, I think. She's 9 cleric / 8 thief right now, about to level up again. Maybe Jaheira will succeed on turning her back to a more pious path. Also, once the pressure of gathering money is off, she might realize that she's slipping too far.

Of course, if there's a massive gameplay disaster she might not ever memorize spells again, or take much longer to recover, or like you suggested get modded into different alignments and deities altogether. I'm trying not to stick to a plan and let her character develop depending on game events. So she might go either way, do-gooder or ruthless bitch or something in-between. I'm quite looking forward to "documenting" Imoen's reaction to who Falon becomes, whoever that turns out to be. :)

She did indeed start as a priest of Helm.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2011 4:58 pm 
Forum God

Damn you, you scared me. I was afraid Jaheira was well and truly dead! Although they is she looking so crappy (like a zombie) when the curse has been broken? Takes a while to wear off?

Falon needs to get her faith back soon, or at least have a moment of revelation, 'cause otherwise she's going to turn into the kind of heartless bitch that I don't like. Although, having written Cassie in similar situations, I do *understand* Falon's thought process a little... I guess her and Cassie just take different approaches. (Of course, resurrection wasn't an option in my take on it -- dead was dead, so that does change the morality about it quite a lot.)

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2011 10:15 pm 
Initiate of Imoen

Yeah, the curse was still on after resting, and went away at some point in the crypts.

I figured I would stick to standard gameplay as much as I could. While no resurrections makes for a much more "higher stakes" experience, bringing folks back to life seems almost routine in the setting. It's pretty lame.

Maybe she should start hacking her enemies to pieces to make sure nobody brings them back!

Ew.

Offline Profile