Login | Register

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

It is currently Thu Oct 18, 2018 8:53 am

Post subject: Install help
PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 10:08 pm 
Newcomer

Hi,

I've just installed SOA and TOB for the first time in a long time and I thought I'd give the mod a go but, probably due to extreme noobishness on my part, I can't get it to install. I'm using the Atari 4 DVD set and have extracted everything to the BG2-SOA folder but when I try to run the Setup-Imoen.exe I get:

ERROR: Unable to find DIALOG.TLK in: dialog.tlk
Please run this program in your Infinity Engine game directory

Anyone know what I'm doing wrong?

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: Install help
PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 7:09 pm 
Newcomer

it put all your files into a folder called Imoen i believe in that folder should be one folder a app and i think a few more files copy them into the same spot the big folder was and try running it aging

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2011 12:36 am 
Forum God

This a fairly common installation error for a few different mods. Make sure of the following:

1) Extract all the files to the BG2-SOA folder -- *don't* tell it to put them in BG2-SOA\Imoen or any type of subfolder. After you've extracted it all, there will BE an "Imoen" folder , but the "setup" file should be in the BG2-SOA folder.

2) Make sure that you actually did install your BG2 game to that BG2-SOA directory! If you told BG2 (when you installed it), to install somewhere else (say you called it just "BG2" without the "SOA" part), then you'll need to make sure you extract everything to THAT folder.

3) Make sure that the "dialog.tlk" really does exist inside that BG2-SOA folder (or wherever your game is installed)

Basically, the error message is basically saying "Hey, you told me this is where BG2 is located, and I don't see it!" So.. make sure it really is where you're telling it that it is :)

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 8:34 pm 
Newcomer

Seems to have installed ok now. Thanks for the help :)

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Install help
PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 3:34 pm 
Newcomer

If all else fails, and you have 2 CD ROM drives D: and E: for CD burning try using the drive you didnt use the first time. May or may not help, but has been known to make a difference for some, in the past.

nerf.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2016 9:24 pm 
Newcomer

Hi,

Had a similar problem to Leigh, but with a little different outcome. I tried putting the compressed file into the main folder and unpacking it...got the same message as Leigh. Then I put the file into a temp folder on the desktop and extracted into the GBII SoA folder. The result was" Can not open output file C:\Program Files (x86)\Black Isle\BGII-SoA\Imoen Romance - V3.3\imoen Romance\xxxxxx"

I got this message 461 times...Anybody have any ideas?

Ragtag

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2016 7:19 am 
Acolyte of Imoen

Did you just unpack the rar file into your game directory?

The files that should be put directly into the folder where the "chitin.key" file is located are a folder called "imoenRomance" and a file called "setup-imoenRomance.exe". NOT the single folder called Imoen Romance - v3.x.

Then you just run the setup file to install the mod. I had a small issue where the setup file just disappeared after running it instead of installing properly, but that was easily fixed with getting the newest weidu release and putting the file "weidu.exe" from it into the game folder, renaming it to "setup-imoenRomance.exe" and running that.

I'm afraid that's about all the help I can offer. Hope it actually does help.

What you also could try is to run the exe file as administrator.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2016 11:28 am 
Newcomer

Thanks for your advice Randir about the Chitin.key. That worked very well. I just moved everything to the desktop, then into the main folder and then intalled...worked like a charm.

Ragtag

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2016 2:32 pm 
Newcomer

Hi, I'm trying to install imoen romance on android version 1.3. Miraculously it works, but dialog options all look like "invalid 32345". Can you please send me a link to download a working dialog.tlk with installed mod?

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2017 2:30 pm 
Newcomer

april112 wrote:
Hi, I'm trying to install imoen romance on android version 1.3. Miraculously it works, but dialog options all look like "invalid 32345". Can you please send me a link to testo max website download a working dialog.tlk with installed mod?

Did you get it installed.

Offline Profile