Login | Register

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

It is currently Thu Oct 18, 2018 9:50 am

Post subject: Ascension mod can prevent Imoen Romance epilogue
PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2018 5:12 am 
Newcomer

Hi,

I just finished TOB with this mod for the first time, thanks a lot, it really gave the game the freshness I needed to play it again. NPC relationships are a large part of this game's interest IMO and Imoen Romance is the most detailed NPC relationship I know. It made this walkthrough one of the most memorable I had.

The bug I encountered is probably due to install order, I would say. I have Ascension 1.4.24 (WeiDU) which I installed first and Imoen Romance 3.9 installed second.

**** ASCENSION SPOILERS BELOW ****

When you have Balthazar on your side and Sarevok betrays you, after you defeat the final boss and when in the ensuing FINSOL01.DLG dialogue it is time to choose whether to ascend or not, if you do ascend, then Balthazar will make a comment before Imoen, and when done the game will branch on what I believe is Imoen's original game dialog, as opposed to Imoen's "Wow..." line, which never kicks in. As a result you also don't get Imoen Romance's epilogue, but the regular one. There might be a similar problem if you don't ascend I suppose.

While I haven't tested yet, I think installing Ascension second should work, right ? Unless there's a proper fix, you might want to specify install order on the download page or something, assuming people still play in 2018 :)

Offline Profile