Login | Register

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

It is currently Wed Jan 16, 2019 3:30 am

Post subject: Romance conflict question
PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 10:30 am 
Newcomer

I think that this post is pretty irrelevant, you can skip to my second one :)

I started the game with the "allow multiple romance" option, but before reaching Spellhold, decided to disable it.

I also have the vanila "allow everyone to romance" mod (though not vanilla allow multiple romance), and was romancing both Aerie and chaotic Anomen.

The Aerie romance is stuck due to conflict with the Haer'dalis romance, and even though AerieRomanceActive is 1, the new dialogues never acknowledged it (they did acknowledge that Anomen is "my sweetheart" though).

After the firecamp scene, I was expecting the Anomen romance to break, but instead he triggered an unrelated Anomen romance dialogue ("Wait, now...who approaches, here?").

What can I do to trigger the correct diaglogue (I assume that the romance is supposed to break after the firecamp scene, yes?)

Last edited by jonnybgood on Mon Oct 15, 2018 9:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: Anomen romance fails to break?
PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 9:52 pm 
Newcomer

OK, after tinkering with the global variables, and reading some of the romance source, I realized that the Anomen romance wasn't actually supposed to end there. The triggered Anomen conversation was odd, but I reset his lovetalk to the previous value.

Looking at the file "romanceconflict.d", I can see that whatever I do, it looks like having any other romance would break imoen's romance.

Am I reading that correctly? I'm not sure what's the expected behavior after MRRomanceConflict-Explain2. It doesn't set any global and just ends the dialogue, so does it mean the romance is dead?

i also searched for a dialogue that would kill the anomen romance, but found none (except for the Pharea part, which didn't trigger for me at all because she didn't suggest to sleep with me).

I was hoping that I could dump Anomen for Imoen, but if that's not actually an option and having any other romance just kills the Imoen romance then I rather just end the Anomen romance or reinstall the no conflict component.

Could anyone please help me interpret that?

Offline Profile